Are you interested in baking with CBD?
If so, you’ve landed on the right page!
Here, we’ve assembled the best CBD cake recipe available, so that you can enjoy your CBD in unique ways!
For the cake:
- 300g dark chocolate, ideally a good quality one
- 150g of CBD butter
- ½ a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 100g caster sugar
- 5 eggs (not chilled)
For the chocolate topping:
- 100ml of double cream
- 200g of dark chocolate, ideally a high quality one
How to Make CBD Chocolate Cake:
To make the cake:
Preheat your oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit/160 degrees Celsius
- Break the chocolate into chunks and add it to a bowl with the CBD butter
- Set the bowl over a pan of water which is hot but not boiling, stirring constantly as the water gently melts the chocolate. Avoid letting the bowl touch the surface of the water
- Remove the bowl from the pan and leave to cool
- Add the eggs and vanilla to a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
Add the sugar and mix further until you get a smooth, thick mousse-like consistency. An electric whisk is ideal as you want this as well-mixed as quickly as possible. With an electric whisk this should take 4-5 minutes, so if you don’t have one, you’re going to need to go to town for a fair bit longer to get the best results.
- Ensure the mixture is thick enough by simply lifting out your whisk. When whisked enough, the mixture should leave a thick, ribbon-like trail which stays noticeable instead of simply blending back in.
- Pour your melted chocolate and CBD mixture into your thick egg mixture, and mix thoroughly, ensuring everything is equally blended together
- Pour into a baking tin that’s been pre-greased with with butter and greaseproof paper
Bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Remove from the baking tin and leave to cool completely
To make the topping:
- Turn your cake upside down. The base should be the flattest part due to the tin, and is therefore better to apply the topping to
- Chop or grate the chocolate into small pieces and warm it up again again using your bowl over warm (not boiling water), this time with the double cream instead of CBD butter. However, this time you only need to half-melt the chocolate, which should take 60 seconds or so.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and mix the chocolate thoroughly until smooth and shiny
- Pour it over the top of the cake and let it drip down the sides – there is no need to spread it or ensure it’s even.
- Leave overnight, then serve